Frequently Ask Question
Q1. Why Study in Belarus?
- Receive a European standard level of education for a low price.
- Very Safe and hospitable people.
- One of the cleanest countries in the World.
- Living Expense are such as food, transport, hostel is cheap.
- Belarus is known as the lungs of Europe, as many trees & fresh air.
- Make new friends and travel throughout Europe.
Q2. What are the Entry Requirements?
- Year 12th Certificate with pass (50%) for Biology, Chemistry & English.
Q3. What is the Course Structure?
- See Attachment
Q4. Does the University provide Dormitory?
- Yes, for $840 per year.
Q5. Are we allowed to Work in Belarus, as a Student?
- As per Law, 30 hours a week is possible.
Q6. Is the MBBS degree globally recognized?
- Yes, they are recognized by the follow:
- EUROPEAN MEDICAL COUNCIL (EMC)/ UNESCO
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) of USA
Q7. What is the Duration of the Course?
- MBBS (MD) 6 Years
- Dentistry 5 Years
- Pharmacy 5 years
Q8. Do I require a Visa?
- Depending on your Passport, (Western Countries don’t require Visa)
Q9. What are the Medical Universities in Belarus?
- Vitebsk State Medical University (1st BEST)
- Belarus State Medical University (2nd)
- Grodno State Medical University (3rd)
- Gomel State Medical University (4th)
Q10. Advantage of Studying at Vitebsk State Medical University?
- State owned university which maintains a high level of education compatible with European standards.
- Total student population of 7000
- English medium curriculum
- Clinical training in state hospitals (20 teaching hospitals with a total bed capacity exceeding 10,700)
- Focused European standard education with 10:1 student-teacher ratio
- Vitebsk State Medical University is rated high in the world-rating systems and its MD degrees are recognized by Globally.
Q11. Option for 1 Year Internship at a Government Hospital.
- All students have the option for 1-year internship at a Government Hospital in Belarus.
Q12. Option for Green Card (Permanent Resident)?
- After 7 years of stay, an individual is allowed to apply for green card. Thus, allowed to stay and work in Belarus indefinitely.
Q13. Is it Possible to work in Belarus and Degree?
- According to Belarusian law, foreign students are not allowed to work during studies.
Q14. Option for Passport?
- Once a green card is received, the individual can apply for an passport.
Q15. What is the official language of Belarus?
- Russian, but most young people speak English.